We have a door stopper, the rubber around was old it fell off and is no more…
so my husband suggested that I crochet a cover for it, to have something softer for the door to land on but also look good. I loved the idea, so I made the decision to make a sunflower, as I love them, they are so pretty…
I had no pattern, so for the sunflower I used this YouTube video as an guide (adjusting it to fit the size I needed) and the rest I did some trial and errors until I got the perfect fit.
SunFlower, door stopper cover, pattern:
(Hook 5.0 mm, H for the flower and 4.5 mm for the bottom)
- ch 4, sl st in 3rd ch from hook (or magic loop, sc 6)
- dc 12 in center (or dc 2 in each of the 6 sc of the magic loop) (12)
- 2 dc in each stitch (24)
- Change color, sl st, sl st in next ch and in that chain do, ch 2, dc 1, tr 2, ch 3, sl st in top of tr, tr 1, dc 1, hdc 1, repeat to end of circle. (12 petals)
- sl st between pedals, ch 5, repeat to end of circle, (pull the ch 5 behind the petals).
- sl st in the 5 chains, ch 2, dc 2, tr 3, ch 3, sl ts in top of tr, tr 2, dc 2, hdc 1, repeat to end of circle.
- Change color, sl st between large petals, ch 4, repeat to end of circle (pull the ch 4 behind the petals).
- sc 4, dec 1, sc to end of circle.
- in the back loop only, sl st, ch 1, bubble/puff stitch (go into a stitch, draw up a loop ,yarn over, go into the same stitch and draw up a loop, yarn over, go into the same stitch again and draw up a loop, now with 6 loops on the hook, yarn over and pull through all the loops), ch 1, skip 1 stitch. Bubble/puff stitch, ch 1, repeat to end of circle, sl st.
- Repeat round, 9.
- sc 4, dec 1, sc rest of round.